History of the Practice

Little Park Surgery has been providing care to the local community since it was set up by Dr. Dan McCarthy in the 1930's. He built his home on the site, incorporating a surgery and waiting room. The practice initially expanded by running branch surgeries. One was just down the road at 273 Hounslow Road. It was occupied by Dr. McCarthy's partner, Dr. Jim Desmond, but had on site facilities to see patients.

Drs O and D LynchOn Dr. McCarthy's retirement in 1958 Dr. Desmond moved into 281 and Drs. Dermot and Oonagh Lynch moved into 273. The Lynches and their growing family moved out of the surgery premise in 1964 to live off-site. 273 continued to function as a surgery with resident care-takers.

After Dr. Desmond's retirement the whole of 281 was used to provide Primary Care with a strong emphasis on Primary Care Teams. In the 1970's the building was extended to provide more consulting rooms and waiting room space.

Twenty years later, in 1996-7 a further extension and renovation was done by Dr. Carolyn Lynch using Format Milton Architects. This resulted in a surgery premises which provide light airy accommodation for staff and patients. With four consulting rooms, a counselors room, nurses room and Minor ops room there has been plenty of space for a 'four doctor, two nurse' practice to function well. The reception area is spacious and open-plan with staff safety secured by a wide Reception counter. Administrative offices are upstairs - leaving all of the ground floor accommodation for patient use.


Dr and Mrs McCarthy

Dr Dermot Lynch